Bambi C. Weavil
firstname.lastname@example.org / 910-538-4309 / Brooklyn, NY 11205
PROFILE: Experienced entrepreneurially minded social media, marketing, publicity and new business expert with excellent ability to lead, advise, communicate and collaborate with diverse personalities in the non-profit, education, media and entertainment industries, as well as recruit across geographic boundaries. Highly imaginative, risk-taking and dynamic marketer, known for seeing opportunities that others don’t. Social media expertise includes Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Instagram, Foursquare, GetGlue, Storify, Vine and MySpace.
Marketing & Communications Manager (May 2011 – Present)
MetSchools, Inc – New York, NY
- Developed, launched and managed marketing development strategy and initiatives for seven different schools, which included: branding, 11 different social media platforms, partnerships, event coordination, creation of two websites and the launch of 7 websites.
- Co-produced Our Education City, a internal professional development conference event at Pace University featuring 2 keynote speakers, cabaret entertainment, an awards presentation and 20+ classes and workshops throughout the day attended by 600 employees.
- Created and produced new marketing material (print, online, video), enhancing schools’ presence and public perception.
- Launched and managed multiple marketing platforms for our educational properties, working directly with school administrators, external public relations firm, media and vendors.
- Oversaw hiring, managing of Marketing Internship Program and the professional development of two Marketing Interns. Actively consulting on social media, advertising and marketing for 2 of MetSchools other education business properties.
Example of Results: Respecting Autism, our book via MetSchools Publishing, has been #1 numerous times this year on the Amazon Kindle books, Special Education, Mentally Disabled chart, as well as been on five other Amazon top charts on many different occasions. It has not left the Kindle charts since being available as a Kindle e-book.
Example of Results: Social Site Referrals to Rebecca School’s website has increased 302% from 2011 to 2012.
- Honorable Mention in Unsung Hero category for Respecting Autism’s social media campaign at the SoMe Awards in 2013.
- Finalist for SoMe Awards for Just ‘Cause & Lemons to Lemonade for Respecting Autism’s social media campaign in 2013.
Marketing & New Business Director, Founder (June 2007 – Present)
Out Impact, Inc. and Out Impact Productions – Wilmington, NC & Brooklyn, NY
- Created and supervised Out Impact’s marketing, media and social media goals including 3,432 + followers on Twitter, as well as a growing presence on Facebook, Storify, Pinterest and YouTube to generate traffic and new business leads.
- Managed hiring and managing staff of 12+ freelance writers internationally on OutImpact.com and working daily with media outlets, publicists and entertainment representatives in coordinating media and interview coverage.
- Organized clients’ fan services, directed media, branding and sponsorship strategies for Out Impact Productions.
- Negotiated international business opportunities for high-profile sports-entertainment and MMA talent for Out Impact Productions.
Example of Results:
- Implemented the media and social media marketing strategy for client DDPYOGA, whose recent “Never Ever Give Up – Arthur’s Inspirational Transformation” video went viral and has received over 5+ million YouTube views and received major worldwide media coverage.
- Received over 12.4 million hits to date reaching national and international markets in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada and top urban markets including New York City, Toronto, London, Paris and Las Vegas for over 800 assigned and self-edited articles, celebrity interviews, and features on OutImpact.com.
- Received media attention from outlets such as Sirius Satellite Radio’s OutQ, HX, Echelon Magazine, and POZ Magazine.
- Successfully negotiated with local venues, artists, and secured event sponsorships, in-kind and financial donations, worth $10,000.
- Co-created strategically promotional partnerships with business and non-profit organizations including GayFest NYC, Greenwich Village-Chelsea Chamber of Commerce’s Out to Work fair, The Trevor Project, and GLAAD.
- Secured strategic national media and niche-related coverage for clients including the New York Times, Sirius Satellite Radio, AOL, TheStreet.com, The Fight Network.
- Recognized by former Senator Julia Boseman of North Carolina for commitment to gay community with Out Impact in a letter in 2008
PR & Marketing Manager (June 2006 – May 2007)
Curve Magazine – San Francisco, CA
- Operated media and marketing goals for Curve Magazine, a lesbian publication with the highest readership in the United States.
- Managed major partnerships with Logo, L-Word.com, Showtime and others, and developed initiatives of potential new partnerships with media and new media organizations in conjunction with events, editorial and publication goals.
- Coordinated entertainment talent, media, photographers and promoters nationwide for potential partnerships with Curve and the War on Apathy campaign.
- Coordinated nationwide media online and on event site for Curve’s high-profile “The L Word” episode party with 500+ attendees at the W Hotel in San Francisco, CA in January 2007.
Example of Results:
- Increased exposure of Curve Magazine, War on Apathy and promotional events with media exposure on AOL, Sirius Satellite Radio, GayInternetRadioLive.com and other media outlets
- Increased exposure on social media platforms with over 10,000 friends and 30,000+ page views on MySpace with community-building, marketing campaigns to align with Curve’s editorial goals and drive readership, increase web traffic to curvemag.com, and increase magazine subscription sales and event attendance.
- Promoted toward an attendance of 500-1,000 women per event at major Curve-sponsored events such as Curve at Atlanta Pride 2006, Gay Games 2006 and Girls at Wonderland.
University of North Carolina – Wilmington (Wilmington, NC):
- Bachelor of Arts, English with emphasis on Professional Writing (2004)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Creative Writing (2004)
Maya’s Hope Board of Directors, February – March 2013